Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Labour and Birth - Bring it on ;)

We had our first of 3 antenatal classes last night. We were the last ones there (typical) and i think Bonnie the midwife took a fancy to Brent, i don't think he cared being the centre of attention though LOL!

Bonnie went through packing our hospital bags, the stages of labour, after birth and pain relief options. We went on a tour through a birthing suite and one of the husbands mentioned it looked more like a hotel room (complete with a large spa and double shower). It hit me when we were sitting in class and bubs was kicking away inside me that this is real and this is happening to us :) After the class we were so excited and kept talking about the night. I'm feeling very positive about labour and birth now.

I woke up this morning not feeling 100% and Brent declared i was in the transition stage of labour LOL! I had to give him points for listening!

Mum has offered to fly me down to Melbourne for a week before i can't fly so i booked my ticket this morning and then got an email from my cousin that they are putting on a baby shower for me so my Melbourne friends and family can celebrate! I can't wait.

Only 17 work days left :)

2 comments:

  1. how exciting! this is the best end of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to let me know when you are down here again!

    ReplyDelete